A Graphic Design graduate from Brighton College of Art, Sally is a painter and printmaker working full-time from her Thames-side studio in West London.
Her work is inspired by music, literature and the human condition – with all its vulnerability.
Drawing is at the heart of her work. Often drawing wet ink and charcoal into wet watercolour.? Moving oil on metal plates to create painterly effects.
She likes to experiment with different mediums – choosing whatever materials will bring her subject to life. Sally loves the “happy accident” in her work and juxtaposing, layering and interweaving imagery.
An early interest in Myths, Folk Tales, and Poetry are all influences. Humour and “tongue-in-cheek” History of Art references are in evidence. Although Sally?s work has a strong narrative content, there is always something unexplained, mysterious and strange.
There is a strong design influence in her work, from her experience as a Layout Artist and freelance Graphic Designer. Sally often uses collage to plan her works, for its immediacy, strong shapes, surrealist and humorous potential.
Sally is an elected member of The Society of Graphic Fine Artists and an Associate member?of The Society of Women Artists.
- November 2017 ? Elected to Full Membership of The Society of Graphic Fine Artists by the SGFA Council.
- October 2017 ? Winner of ?The Stabilo Award for Highly Commended Print? DRAW17, The Society of Graphic Fine Art.
- May 2016 ? Elected to Associate Membership of The Society Of Women Artists.
- October 2015 ? Winner of ?The Award for a Highly Commended Print? DRAW15, The Society of Graphic Fine Art.
- October 2014 ? Winner of ?The Award for Themed Work? DRAW14 The Society of Graphic Fine Art.
- October 2014 ? Elected to Associate Membership of The Society of Graphic Fine Art.
- October 2013 ? Winner of ?The Award for a Highly Commended Print? DRAW13 The Society of Graphic Fine Art Freelance Graphic Designer.
- Senior Designer ?Women Magazine? IPC Magazines. Layout Artist IPC Magazines.
- BA Hons (Graphic Design) Brighton College of Art.